You can send two types of reports using the "Email" feature at the bottom of your Inspection.
The "Full Inspection Report" shows all checkpoints, notes, pictures and scores as you have them recorded on your inspection, test, or audit report.
The "Open Deficiency Report" shows only the "OPN" checkpoints, notes and pictures. FTQ360 separates the OPN items by Responsible Party and sends a separate report to each Responsible Party you have selected to receive the report.
2. Choose "Full inspection report"
3. Verify the recipient's email address and add "cc:" emails, if necessary. Separate each email address with a semi-colon ( ; ).
You can choose from a list of email addresses already in the system by clicking into the email field.
- The default "To:" email address will be the Responsible Party (if you’ve chosen one before doing your inspection).
- Pre-populated email addresses come from 5 areas within your system. These include:
- User List: The email address of all users with login privileges.
- Company Account Management Contacts: Go to SETUP> Administration > Account Management > Company Details. Edit/Add email addresses.
- Company Department Contacts: Go to SETUP> Customization > Company Department List. Edit/Add email addresses; Set department to “Active."
- Project/Community Contacts: Go to SETUP> Project/Community Setup Process. Edit/Add email addresses; Set Project/Community to “Active."
- Responsible Party/Sub Contacts: Go to SETUP> Responsible Party/Sub Setup Process. Edit or Add Responsible Party/Sub. Edit/Add email addresses; Set Responsible Party/Sub to “Active."
3. Type a note in the "Message" field.
4. Press "Send" to email the PDF Report.
- The email subject line reads: "Company Name - Project/Community - Lot/Phase." This helps responsible parties immediately recognize which company is sending them the report, and where the deficiency has occurred. This follows the same format used by the automated report runner.