All inspections - online and offline - are saved first to your device before saving to the FTQ360 server network. (autosave and save button) This secures the data on your device before attempting to upload while online and serves as a backup for retries if the network fails.
To conduct inspections offline, you must first choose the Project and Checklist(s). To do this, follow the steps below:
1. Click on the green “Online Status Bar” in the upper-right hand corner of the screen
2. Select “Manage Sync Items” from the drop-down menu.
3. Click the red “Clear Local Data” button at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
3. From the drop-down menu at the top of the screen, select the Project you want to work with offline. Synchronization is done on a Project by Project basis.
4. Choose the inspection(s) you want to work with offline.
5. Click the "Sync to Device" button at the bottom of the screen to work with the selected Checklists offline.
6. Click on the third button at the top of the screen and select “Synced to Device" from the drop-down. This will show you which inspctions are available offline. You should see the label “Available Offline” below each checklist title.
When you are on jobsite and ready to begin the inspection:
7. Click on the green “Online Status Bar” in the upper-right hand corner of the screen and select “Offline” from the drop-down menu.
8. Conduct the inspection as you normally would
9. Save the inspection as normal. It will save locally to your device.
Once you have Internet connection again, the inspection(s) are automatically uploaded to the server.
10. Click on the green “Online Status Bar” in the upper-right hand corner of the screen and select “Online” from the drop-down menu. You should also see the number of inspections “ready for upload.”
11. From the same drop-down menu, select “Manage Sync Items.”
12. Select the inspections you want to upload.
13. Click the “Select Sync to Server” button at the bottom of the screen. You should see an alert that your items have been uploaded.