1. Go to: SETUP > Responsible Party Setup Process.
2. Click the "Go To Advanced View" button on the Process Menu.
3. Select the Responsible Party by clicking the circle at the beginning of the row.
- Responsible Parties are alphabetized by Description. You can reverse sort by clicking the "Description" column header. Scroll down the page to find the Party.
- Use the "Search" field in the upper right hand corner to narrow your choices.
- Use the "Filter" drop-down to display "All," "Active Only," or "Inactive Only."
4. Select “Crew” in the Process Menu.
5. Click the “+Add” button to create a new line.
6. Code: Enter the "Crew's Code" or leave as is. You can input your own code from accounting records, or use the default code generated by the system.
7. Type: Select the crew "Type" from the drop-down menu.
8. Label: Identify the Crew or Responsible Person by typing a description (i.e. Crew Leader's name, Area of service, Inspector Name, etc.) into the “Label" field.
- This is a required field. You can press save now and the Crew will be associated with the Responsible Party.
- When starting an inspection, you will be able to select the Crew or Responsible Person in the initial selection steps.
- If you have an Open Deficiency, you can select the Crew or Responsible Person and assign the item to that specific person.
9. Email: Enter the recipient’s email address into the “Enter e-mail” field. Separate multiple emails with a semi-colon ( ; ).
10. Notes: You can enter additional information (such as crew size, crew leader, area of service, etc.) into the "Notes" text box.
11. Attachment: To add an attachment, you must first hit "Save." Then, click the arrow indicator to open the Attachment drop-down list. You can select "File," "Link," or "Note," depending on what you want to attach.
- "File" will allow you to upload a document from your computer.
- "Link" will allow you to post a URL to a webpage.
- "Note" will allow open a dialog box where you can type a message.
12. Active: The Crew will automatically be checked as active. If you don't want to make it active yet, click the checkbox to remove the checkmark.
13. Delete: You can delete the Crew by clicking the red "trashcan icon."
- If there is no trashcan icon available, the Crew cannot be deleted.
14. Click "Save" to save to associate the Crew with the Responsible Party.
- When a new crew is added, FTQ360 automatically adds an inactive restricted edit-only user ready for use when the user becomes active in FTQ360. For more information, checkout Add a User.