A Hotspot is generally a recurring issue or a procedural element (such as "take photo") that you want to pay special attention to or target for heightened awareness. While all recurring issues are opportunities for improvement, and all procedures should be followed, Hotspots are your top priorities, the ones you want to focus on now.
A "Quality Hotspot" checkpoint looks and acts just like a standard FTQ Quality checkpoint. However, it is a specific checkpoint type that is coded behind the scenes to be differentiated from other checkpoint types. As such, you can filter by your "Quality Hotspot" checkpoint type on your FTQ-401 Reports in Online Reports and analyze the details. We'll also be expanding the filtering options on other reports so you can see Quality Hotspots in Performance Reports and make them available as an Interactive Report.
1. Review the instructions to Add a Checkpoint to a Checklist.
2. Select the "Go to Advanced View" on the Process Menu.
3. Click the Add+ button to insert a new Checkpoint.
4. Click the Type field and select "Quality Hotspot" from the drop down.
5. Follow the instructions in Add a Checkpoint to a Checklist.
*NOTE: You can change a Quality checkpoint into a Quality Hotspot checkpoint without adding a new checkpoint like you have to with the Dynamic ones.
Track Hotspot Trends
6. Go to Reports>Run Reports Online.
7. Select a report to run. (Review Run Online Reports.)
- Run a 401ax Report to print recent Hotspots
- Run a 486c Report to print 12-month Performance Trend by Project & Resp. Party
8. Select "Checkpoints/Scores" from the Process Menu.
9.Select "Checkpoint - Hotspot" from the Description grid.
10. Run the report to view Hotspot info and trends.