An Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) is a preset number of inspections that get applied to a Project or Phase. Which checklists are to be used and in what order are predetermined. A template can be created, which is a reusable plan that can be edited for a specific projects and/or phases.
1. Go to: SETUP > ITP Template Setup Process.”
2. Click “Add” to insert a new row.
3. Type the name of the template in the "Name" field.
4. Enter text into the "Description" field. (Optional)
5. Press "Save."
Add Plan Items
6. Select the template you just created by clicking the circle at the beginning of the row.
7. Click "Plan Items" in the left-hand Process Menu.
8. Click the "+Add" button to add each checklist you will use for your planned inspections and/or test in your template.
9. Itm#. - You can input your own ITP Item number code from scheduling or accounting records, or use the default code generated by the system.
10. "Sequence" is used to put the checklists/inspections in order on your Inspection Entry screen. The order is from smallest to largest. You can use decimal points, if necessary, to get the exact order you want.
- For example, if you’d like a task in between #3 and #4, you can give it the sequence number “3.5."
11. Offset - Type offset in "Enter Text" field.
12. Checklist - Select the checklist from the drop-down menu. Type a keyword in the search field to filter your choices.
13. Responsible Party (Optional) - Select the Checklist from the drop-down menu. Type a keyword in the search field to filter your choices. Leave as "None" if you do not want to pre-set this field.
14. Inspector (Optional) - Select the Inspector (from your User list) from the drop-down menu. Type a keyword in the search field to filter your choices. Leave as "None" if you do not want to pre-set this field.
15. Inspector Type (Optional) - Select the Inspector Type (Set for each user in your User Setup area) from the drop-down menu. Type a keyword in the search field to filter your choices. Leave as "None" if you do not want to pre-set this field. Setting an Inspector Type will limit the use of the Checklist/Inspection to a single Inspector Type.
16. Set "Minimum" and "Maximum" number times an Inspection is to be done.
- A good example of when a min or max is used is in pouring concrete. On a large job, it will take multiple concrete truck loads with each batch of concrete having to meet certain standards. So, in that case, an ITP might have a minimum of 5 concrete pour inspections and a maximum of 8. However, very often when there are multiple inspections of the same type, the location is different, so it is common to add one inspection for each location and not set a min or max. Locations are often floors of a building or individual items such as utility poles.
17. Add additional information in the "Notes" field. This field is only for informational purposes on the ITP Template screen.
18. You can delete the template by clicking the red "trashcan icon."
- Be careful before deleting a template. You can delete a template even if it is currently associated with a project phase.
19. Click "Save" to save your new Template.
Advanced Setup Options
The following Setup Options are available under the "Advanced View." Not all users can view or access these options. Please contact Customer Support for assistance. Click on the action title for more information.