This article goes over the User Setup Process screen.
It is easy to see how many users have each type of permission, especially when you have a lot of users. For example, seeing how many people have setup privileges or the number of inspectors can help keep permissions organized.
1. Go to: Setup > Administration > User Setup Process.
2. Click the “+Add” button to add a new user.
3. Username - This is typically an email address. Usernames must be unique within all Users in FTQ360. Usernames can include a period ( . ), an underscore ( _ ) and a hyphen ( - ), but cannot include spaces.
4. First and Last Names - Enter the User's First and Last names in the respective fields.
5. Passwords - Create a temporary password for the user. Ideally, this should be an alpha-numeric word that is at least 8 characters long. The User can change the password after logging in or by using the link provided in the invitation.
6. Email - Type the user’s email address.
7. Affiliation - Select the User's Company Department (Superintendent, Warranty, etc.) or Company Name in FTQ360 (if a Responsible Party or Subcontractor). This will be used for reporting or restricted views.
- "Affiliation" options come from two areas: the Company Department List screen (SETUP > Customization > Company Department List) and the Responsible Party/Subcontractor Setup Process screen (SETUP > Responsible Party Setup Process).
- When selecting a Responsible Party as the affiliation, the user is also added as a Responsible Person in Setup>Responsible Party Setup Process>Crews. For more information, check out Add a Crew/Responsible Person to a Responsible Party.
- when users are added and "Affiliated" with a Responsible Party, they are also added as personnel (also known as a Responsible Person) for their affiliated responsible party. This unifies users and responsible party crews or persons. The structure facilitates imports from Procore and other software that connects users to responsible parties. When a new crew is added, FTQ360 automatically adds an inactive restricted edit-only user ready for use when the user becomes active in FTQ360.
8. Inspector Type - Use the drop-down menu to select the User's job title. Most Users should be set to "Inspector (Gen)," and if you are unsure what to select, this is a safe default. To update Inspector Types, click here.
- 1 - Superintendent
- 2 - QA Department
- 3 - Client/Customer
- 4 - Subcontractor
- 5 - Data Entry
- 7 - Safety
- 8 - Third Party
- 9 - Project Manager
- 10 -Crew/Person
- 11 - Management
- 12 - Inspector (Gen.)
- 13 - Foreman
- 15 - Supervisor
- 16 - Lead
9. Restr. - Check this box if the User should have "Restricted" access to view, edit, and or inspect for the "Affiliation." For example, a "restricted" user affiliated with a Responsible Party/Subcontractor will only see Inspections and Open Items for that Responsible Party/Subcontractor.
- When the "Restr." box is selected, permissions default to "Edit Insp." and "Restricted". If you would like the Restricted User to be able to "Self-Inspect," you can select "Inspect" under Permissions. Restricted users can not have any other permissions.
10. Active - You can make the User active or inactive by clicking the "Active" box.
- NEW! You have the option of adding new “inactive” users to FTQ360 and activate them later when you need them. This simplifies setting up users for new projects and then when the project progresses activating users as needed. In FTQ360 only active users count towards your subscription plan.
11. Delete - You can delete a User by clicking the red "trashcan icon."
- Deleted users cannot be re-added with the same system user id. Inspections are associated with a user id in the system.
12. Save - Select the "Save" button at the bottom of the screen to save your changes, then setup User permissions.
13. SEND INVITATION - Select the new user and click the "Send Invitation" button at the bottom of the screen to invite the new User to login to FTQ360. The new user will get an email with a link to change his or her password and login.
a. Select User Checklists
You can select the checklists a user can access. When a new user is added, FTQ360 will pre-select all checklists for the user, making them all available for use. You can remove access to any checklists, if needed.
1a. - Select the new User.
2a. - Select "Checklists" from the Process Menu on the left hand side of the screen. This will bring-up a list of checklists.
3a. - The User's name will appear under the "User" filter title on the Process Menu.
4a. - Deselect any checklists the User should not have permission to access. By default, all checklists are selected.
5a. - Click the "Save" button at the bottom of the page.
b. Select User Projects
You can select the projects a user can access, as as give or limit users access to project data on Inspections, Dashboards, and Reports Screen. The Project Access setting is good for showing users only what they need to see (simplification) as well as showing users only what you WANT them to see (security).
- All newly added users will have "View", "Edit," and "Create" permissions by default. Note: You can set a preference for whether newly added users are given access to all projects or no projects by default.
1b. - Select the new User.
2b. - Select "Project Access" from the Process Menu on the left hand side of the screen.
3b. - This will bring up a list of Projects. Here, you can control which projects they can view, edit inspections, and create inspections.
- A - View: Check if the user should have access to this project
- B - Edit: Check if the user should be able to edit inspections in this project; including changing FTQ evaluation buttons, adding photos, typing notes, etc.
- C - Create: Check if the user should be able to initiate inspections in this project
4b. - If the project has phases, a caret (black triangle) will appear at the beginning of the row. Click it to select individual phases and set user permissions per phase.
5b. - Click the "Save" button at the bottom of the page.
c. Set User Permissions
You can configure a User's permissions, giving rights to create checklists and setup projects, run reports, add new users, and manage account info and subscriptions. You can also restrict a user to edit or view only rights.
1c. - Select "Permissions" from the Process Menu on the left hand side of the screen.
2c. Inspect - View - Allows the User to view project inspections.
3c. Inspect - Edit - Allows the User to edit, respond to issues, and add notes and pictures to inspections.
4c. Inspect - Create - Allows the User to create new inspections.
5c. Plan Mode Required - Locks the user into using the ITP for the project only. If checked, the User will not be able to access a checklist or start an inspection outside the plan.
6c. Restricted - Restricts the User to view inspections related to the Responsible Party of the User.
- If the User also has editing permissions, the User is restricted to editing open items related to the Affiliation of the User. Furthermore, editing on those items is restricted to adding pictures, notes, and marking the item as ready for review (and not the Inspector’s notes or change the checkpoint status from OPN).
- Restricted Users can access inspection listings and open item dashboards, however the data will only include items related to the responsible party of the User..
7c. Self Inspect Only - Allows the User to perform self inspections with his Affiliation set as the Responsible Party.
8c. Run Reports - Allows the User to use the REPORTS feature including Run Online, Interactive Reports, Data Download Queries, and Activate Reports.
9c. Setup Data - Allows the User access to setup Checklists, Checkpoints, Projects, Responsible Parties, and Customization Preferences, but cannot setup Users or access account management.
10c. Data In/Out - Allows the User to import and export data files such as Checklist, Project, and Responsible Party information. Import is a feature available to subscription plans of 10 users or more.
11c. Data Overwrite - Allows the User with Data In/Out additional permissions to overwrite existing data with imported data.
12c. User Mgmt - Allows adding new users, and manage user settings & permissions.
13c. Acc. Mgmt - Allows access to account management screens and to manage account level settings, such as editing account details and managing subscriptions.
14c. Save - Click the "Save" button to save your changes to Permissions.
Admins with "User Mgt" (user management) permissions, can provide users with access to multiple FTQ360 company accounts, using the "Linked Accounts" feature. This allows users to easily switch between the accounts without having to login and out of the various accounts.
For more information about Linked Accounts, check out Add or Edit User Linked Accounts
Advanced Setup Options