1. Go to: Setup >Administration > User Setup Process.
2. Select "Permissions" from the Process Menu on the left hand side of the screen.
3. "Inspect" - Allows the User to perform inspections.
4. "Edit Inspect" - Allows the User to view, respond to issues and add notes and pictures to inspections.
5. "Restricted" - Restricted users can have "Inspect and Edit Inspect" Permissions. Or, only "Edit Inspect" Permissions.
- Restricted "Edit Inspect" permissions: Restricted to responding to open items related to the Responsible Party Affiliation of the User. Editing is restricted to adding pictures, notes, and marking the item as ready for review. "Edit Inspect" Restricted users cannot change information on an inspection.
- Restricted "Inspect and Edit Inspect" permissions: Restricted to viewing inspections the user has created and inspection listings and open item dashboards that include items related to the Responsible Party Affiliation of the User.
6. "Run Reports" - Allows the User to use the REPORTS feature including Run Online, Interactive Reports, Data Download Queries, and Activate Reports.
7. "Setup Data" - Allows the User access to setup Checklists, Checkpoints, Projects, Responsible Parties, and Customization Preferences, but cannot setup Users or access account management.
8. "Data In/Out" - Allows the User to import and export data files such as Checklist, Project, and Responsible Party information. Import is a feature available to subscription plans of 10 users or more.
9. "Data Overwrite" - Allows the User with Data In/Out additional permissions to overwrite existing data with imported data..
10. "User Mgmt" - Allows adding new users, and manage user settings & permissions.
11. "Acc. Mgmt" - Allows access to account management screens and to manage account level settings, such as editing account details and managing subscriptions.
12. Click the "Save" button to save your changes.