View Only, (non license) users are “Restricted” users with “Edit Insp.” permissions. They will only be able to see and access their items on dashboards and mark off their items when completed. Restricted users cannot see inspections for which they are not either the Inspector or the Primary Responsible Party the View Recent Inspections screen. Also see Add Free Users for step by step directions.
Setup the User following the "Add a User" instructions, then make the settings below.
1. Affiliation - Choose the Company from the drop down list of Responsible Party organizations. This is pulled from your "Responsible Party Setup" area.
2. Insp. Type - Select “Subcontractor” from the drop down.
3. Restr. - Check this box so the User will have "Restricted" access to view, edit, and or inspect for the "Affiliation." For example, a "restricted" user affiliated with a Responsible Party/Subcontractor will only see Inspections and Open Items for that Responsible Party/Subcontractor.
- When the "Restr." box is selected, permissions default to "Edit Insp." and "Restricted". If you would like the Restricted User to be able to "Self-Inspect," you can select "Inspect" under Permissions. Restricted users can not have any other permissions.
4. Permissions - Go to "Permissions” on the Process Menu.
5. Inspect - Make sure the “Inspect" box is UNCHECKED. The User will count toward the number of paid users if "Inspect" is checked.
6. Edit Insp. - Make sure the “Edit Insp.” box is checked.
7. Restricted - Make sure the “Restricted” box is checked.
8. Click “Save” when done
Restricted Users see only their Open Deficiencies
A restricted user will only see OPN and QC checkpoints affiliated with the User's Responsible Party. This makes it easier for Responsible Parties to view their deficiencies and report correction of open items, especially when there are many OPN items scattered throughout a long inspection or punch list.