WARNING: Download and Save a copy of your current Phase/Lot (Jobs) File before Importing a new one.
Be very careful when uploading data into FTQ360. Importing data files can not be undone.
Instructions for Downloading your current Equipment (Objects) File
1. Go to: Setup > Project Setup >All Equipment.
2. Click the "Download" icon at the bottom of the Projects/Communities page.
- The equipment download previously exported the entire list of equipment for all projects into one long CSV file. Now, the exported equipment will only be for the selected project, which makes the CSV file more manageable.
- Note: You must have "In/Out" Permissions to see the Download Icon. This will download a spreadsheet titled "objects (Project Code) (date and time).csv" to your computer.
3. Save the file to your computer as a backup you can restore if there is a problem with your import.
Instructions for Editing your Equipment (Objects) File and Importing
1. Follow the instructions above to download the file.
2. Open the csv file.
- You'll see category headers along the top row. You may need to adjust the column widths to read each header.
3. Save a back-up of "objects (project code) (date time).csv." You should copy and rename the file as "objects_new.csv" before you enter new data. You can choose a different file name; however your file must start with "objects*.csv".
4. Input your new data in the appropriate columns. Refer to the "Spreadsheet Column/Field Guide" below.
SPREADSHEET COLUMN/FIELD GUIDE:
- A - Project/CommunityCode*: A code that uniquely identifies the record; Must link to code on project table, 50 characters max
- B -Jobs Code*: a unique code; 50 characters max
- C - Location Code: Optional field that identifies a specific location
- D - Code*: O???
- E - Description: Optional field that identifies a specific plan name for the equipment
- F -Sequence*: Order of display on inspection selection screen; default to 100 for alpha order
- G - FTQ Object Type: Useful for tagging import with data source; 254 characters max
- H - Extern Key: Useful for linking to key in data source.
- I - Extern Key ID: Order of display on inspection selection screen; default to 100 for alpha order
- J - Active*: 0 - Inactive, 1 - Active
- K - ImportMode*: Use 0 for imports (1 overwrite all fields even when column is NULL)
0 = ignore empty values,
1= use empty values in update script
* Required Field
The spreadsheet headers line-up to the categories on the "Equipment" page under "Projects/Communities Setup Process" In the graphic below, you can see where your data populates. You will be able to view all your imported data in the Advanced View.
7. Format your data as "text." This is important. If you open the csv file in Excel, numbers may change into dates, along with other anomalies. It's best to format the data on your spreadsheet as "Text."
8. Save your spreadsheet as "objects_new.csv" or another name beginning with "objects". The file type must be saved in CSV format. This is important.
Next you're going to upload your new spreadsheet (objects_new.csv) into the FTQ360 system.
Instructions for Importing your Objects (Jobs) File
1. Go to: Setup > Administration > Import on the menu bar. (Web screen Import is available for 10 user or more plans - contact support if this feature is not activated.)
2. Click the "Choose File" button to select your new spreadsheet (objects_new.csv) from your computer.
3. Click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the screen.
4. Check to verify that your files imported correctly. Your imported equipment should now appear under "All Equipment" on the "Projects/Communities Setup Process" page.
Please sign in to leave a comment.