An Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) is a documented, systematic approach to performing Quality Control. The plan details which inspections must be conducted, how often they are conducted, and in what order they are conducted. An ITP allows you to set parameters, such as due dates, and track the completion progress of each checklist in the plan.
1. Go to: Inspection > Enter New Inspection.
2. Select from the available lists.
3. Continue your selection process. You may be asked to select the following:
- Responsible Party
- Responsible Crew or Person
4. To select a checklist in the ITP, you need to have the Plan Mode box checked. Each user has a permission setting to either make Plan Mode optional (user can click the plan mode box on or off) or mandatory (user has plan mode box preset to checked/on when there are plan items)
5. Click on the plan item (checklist) to start a new inspection.
NOTE: Notice the colored tool icon to the left of the checklist name. The color reflects the status of the last inspection done for that plan item.
- Green - Complete/Finished inspection using that checklist
- Yellow - Incomplete/Started inspection using that checklist
- Blue - Inspection not yet started using that checklist
- Grey - An inspection was started but not completed
A green check mark icon is displayed when a plan item is complete and a red clock icon is displayed when a plan item is past due.
6. Click the caret icon to bring-up a list of started and/or completed inspections connected to this plan item. They will display in a grid similar to the "Show Recent Inspection" view.
7. If you want to prevent new inspections from being started once a plan item is complete, set your Show/Hide completed ITP items preference to "Hide" in Setup>Customization>Customization Preferences. Click here for instructions.
Please sign in to leave a comment.