WARNING: Download and Save a copy of your current Responsible Parties/Subcontractors (Vendors) File before Importing a new one.
Be very careful when uploading data into FTQ360. Importing data files can not be undone.
Download your current Responsible Parties/Subcontractors (Vendors) File
1. Go to: Setup > Responsible Party/Subcontractor Setup Process.
2. Click the "Download" icon at the bottom of the page.
Note: You must have "In/Out" Permissions to see the Download Icon. This will download a spreadsheet titled "vendors (date and time).csv" to your computer.
3. Save the file to your computer as a backup you can restore if there is a problem with your import.
Edit the Responsible Parties/Subcontractors (Vendors) File
4. Follow the instructions above to download the file.
5. Open the csv file.
- You'll see category headers along the top row. You may need to adjust the column widths to read each header.
6. Save a back-up of "vendors (date time).csv." You should copy and rename the file as "vendors_new.csv" before you enter new data. You can choose a different file name; however your file must start with "vendors*.csv".
7. Input your new data in the appropriate columns. Refer to the "Spreadsheet Column/Field Guide" below.
SPREADSHEET COLUMN/FIELD GUIDE:
- A - VendorCode*: Vendor is aka Responsible Party or Subcontractor. The VendorCode needs to be unique - different than any other code used for your Responsible Parties. You may use your accounting codes if applicable. 50 characters max
- B - FTQVendorTypeID*: Enter the number that corresponds with the Vendor Type
- 1- Subcontractor
- 2 - Architect
- 3 - Responsible Person
- 4 - Engineer
- 5 - Supplier
- 6 - Company Department
- 7 - General Contractor
- 8 - Company Work Crew
- 9 - Sharing Partner
- C - VendorDescription*: Name of the Vendor as it should appear on screens, inspections and reports.
- D - VendorNotes: Reference notes appear on setup screens, 255 characters max
- E - Email: Email addresses for people to receive reports, separate each address with semicolon
- F - ReportsDistributionList: 1=receive scheduled reports, 0=no scheduled reports (default)
- G - ExternKey: Useful for tagging import with data source.
- H - ExternKeyID: Useful for linking to key in data source.
- I - Active*: 0 - Inactive, 1 - Active
- J - ImportMode*: Use 0 for imports (1 overwrite all fields even when column is NULL)
0 = ignore empty values,
1= use empty values in update script
* Required Field
The spreadsheet headers line up to the categories on the "Responsible Party Setup Process" page. In the graphic below, you can see where your data populates. You will be able to view all your imported data in the Advanced View.
8. Format your data as "text." This is important. If you open the csv file in Excel, numbers may change into dates, along with other anomalies. It's best to format the data on your spreadsheet as "Text."
9. Save your spreadsheet as "vendors_new.csv or another name beginning with "vendors". The file type must be saved in CSV format. This is important.
Next you're going to upload your new spreadsheet (vendors_new.csv) into the FTQ360 system.
Importing your New Parties/Subcontractors (Vendors) File
10. Go to: Setup > Administration > Import on the menu bar. (Web screen Import is available for 10 user or more plans - contact support if this feature is not activated.)
11. Click the "Choose File" button to select your new spreadsheet (vendors_new.csv) from your computer.
12. Click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the screen.
13. Check to verify that your files imported correctly. Your imported Responsible Parties/Subcontractors should now appear on the "Responsible Party/Subcontractor Setup Process" page.