WARNING: Download and Save a copy of your Current Checklist (Tasks) File before Importing a new one.
Be very careful when uploading data into FTQ360. Importing data files can not be undone.
Download Current Checklist (Tasks) File
1. Go to: Setup > Checklist Setup Process.
2. Click the "Download" icon at the bottom of the Checklist page.
Note: You must have "In/Out" Permissions to see the Download Icon. This will download a spreadsheet titled "communities (date and time).csv" to your computer.
3. Save the file to your computer as a backup you can restore if there is a problem with your import.
Edit & Import your Current Checklist (Tasks) File
4. Follow the instructions above to download the file.
5. Open the csv file.
- You'll see category headers along the top row. You may need to adjust the column widths to read each header.
6. Save a back-up of "tasks (date time).csv." You should copy and rename the file as "tasks_new.csv" before you enter new data. You can choose a different file name; however your file must start with "tasks*.csv".
7. Input your new data in the appropriate columns. Refer to the "Spreadsheet Column/Field Guide" below.
SPREADSHEET COLUMN/FIELD GUIDE:
- A - Trade Code*: Trade code is the Category code listed in Setup > Customization > Common Checklist Items > Category. 50 characters max.
- B - Checkpoint Code*: Task code is the Checklist code listed in Setup > Checklist Setup Process. 50 characters max.
- C - Checkpoint Label*: Task label is the name of the checklist. 250 characters max.
- D - Display Sequence: Order of display on inspection entry screen; default to 100 for alpha order.
- E - Hide: Type "1" to hide the checkpoint; "0" to make it available for the inspection.
- F - FTQ Inspector Type: Leave blank to make available for all Inspector Types, or restrict to a specific type by entering the Inspector Type number. See options below.
1 - Superintendent
2 - QA Dept
3 - Client/Customer
4 - Subcontractor
5 - Data Entry
7 - Safety
8 - Third Party
9 - Warranty
10 - Crew/Person
11 - Management
12 - Inspector (Gen)
13 - Foreman
15 - Supervisor
16 - Lead
17 - Inactive
18 - Inactive
- G - FTQ Checkpoint Type: Enter the number of the checklist type. See options below.
1 - Construction Checklist (standard default)
25 - Equipment Checklist
- H - Community Code: Not recommended for use. This will limit your checklist to only one project/community. Community code is the "Project" code or other term if changed in Customization Preferences. Entry makes task specific to the community only. Must like to code on community table.
- I - Data Value 1: Enter "1"
- J-M -Data Value: Leave blank. Not in use.
- N - Extern Key: Leave blank. Useful for tagging import with data source
- O - Extern KeyID: Leave blank. Useful for linking to key in data source
- P - Parent Checkpoint: Type the checkpoint code for the parent checkpoint, if this is a child checkpoint within a Dynamic Checkpoint
- Q - Auto Suggest Options: Type any auto-options or choices to be selected for the checkpoint
- R - Trade Code: Not recommended for use. This will limit your checklist to only one Responsible Party. If that is the case, then type the Responsible Party Code here.
- S - Default Note: Type any note here that should appear in the comments field.
- T - Is A Button: Type "1" if the Auto Suggest Option is Column Q should appear as buttons. Otherwise, leave as "0."
- U - Is Mandatory: Type "1" if the checkpoint should be flagged as mandatory. Otherwise, leave as "0."
- V - Is Mandatory Image: Type "1" if uploading an image should be flagged as mandatory. Otherwise, leave as "0."
- W - Is Mandatory Observation: Type "1" if typing notes should be flagged as mandatory. Otherwise, leave as "0."
- X - Is Mandatory Corrective Action Notes: Type "1" if typing corrective action notes should be flagged as mandatory. Otherwise, leave as "0."
- Y - Is Mandatory Reason Code: Type "1" if selecting a reason code should be flagged as mandatory. Otherwise, leave as "0."
- Z - Is Mandatory Corrective Action Code: Type "1" if selecting a corrective action code should be flagged as mandatory. Otherwise, leave as "0."
- O - Import Mode*: Use 0 for imports (1 overwrite all fields even when column is NULL)
0 = ignore empty values,
1= use empty values in update script
* Required Field
The spreadsheet headers line-up to the categories on the Checklist Setup Process" page. In the graphic below, you can see where your data populates. You will be able to view all your imported data in the Advanced View.
8. Format your data as "text." This is important. If you open the csv file in Excel, numbers may change into dates, along with other anomalies. It's best to format the data on your spreadsheet as "Text."
9. Save your spreadsheet as "tasks_new.csv or another name beginning with "communities". The file type must be saved in CSV format. This is important.
Next you're going to upload your new spreadsheet (tasks_new.csv) into the FTQ360 system.
Import your New Checklists (Tasks) File
10. Go to: Setup > Administration > Import on the menu bar. (Web screen Import is available for 10 user or more plans - contact support if this feature is not activated.)
11. Click the "Choose File" button to select your new spreadsheet (tasks_new.csv) from your computer.
12. Click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the screen.
13. Check to verify that your files imported correctly. Your imported Checklists should now appear on the "Checklist Setup Process" page.