WARNING: Download and Save a copy of your Current Checklist (Tasks) File before Importing a new one.
Be very careful when uploading data into FTQ360. Importing data files can not be undone.
Download Current Checklist (Tasks) File
1. Go to: Setup > Checklist Setup Process.
2. Click the "Download" icon at the bottom of the Checklist page.
Note: You must have "In/Out" Permissions to see the Download Icon. This will download a spreadsheet titled "communities (date and time).csv" to your computer.
3. Save the file to your computer as a backup you can restore if there is a problem with your import.
Edit & Import your Current Checklist (Tasks) File
1. Follow the instructions above to download the file.
2. Open the csv file.
- You'll see category headers along the top row. You may need to adjust the column widths to read each header.
3. Save a back-up of "tasks (date time).csv." You should copy and rename the file as "tasks_new.csv" before you enter new data. You can choose a different file name; however your file must start with "tasks*.csv".
4. Input your new data in the appropriate columns. Refer to the "Spreadsheet Column/Field Guide" below.
SPREADSHEET COLUMN/FIELD GUIDE:
- A - Trade Code*: Must link to code on Trades table. 50 characters max.
- B - Task Code*: 50 characters max.
- C - Task Label*: Name as used on reports. 250 characters max.
- D - Task Notes: Reference notes appear on Setup screens.
- E - Email: Separate each email address with semicolon
- F - Task QA Sequence: Order of display on inspection entry screen; default to 100 for alpha order
- G - Cost Quality Supplier: Not in use.
- H - Cost Quality Customer: Not in use.
- I - Project/Community Code: Entry makes task specific to the community only. Must like to code on community table.
- J - FTQ Task Type ID*: Enter the number of the checklist type. See options below.
1 - Construction Checklist (standard default)
2 - Subcontractor Self Insp
3 - Superintendent Inspection
4 - Third Party Inspection
7 - QA Inspector
8 - Crew Self Inspection
9 - Manager Inspection
10 - Corrective Action
12 - Safety Audit
23 - Customer Insp
24 -Warranty Insp
25 - Equipment Checklist
26 - Inspection (Gen)
28 - Foreman Inspection
- K - FTQ Inspector Type ID: Leave blank to make available for all Inspector Types, or restrict to a specific type by entering the Inspector Type number. See options below.
1 - Superintendent
2 - QA Dept
3 - Client/Customer
4 - Subcontractor
5 - Data Entry
7 - Safety
8 - Third Party
9 - Warranty
10 - Crew/Person
11 - Management
12 - Inspector (Gen)
13 - Foreman
15 - Supervisor
16 - Lead
17 - Inactive
18 - Inactive
- L - Extern Key: Useful for tagging import with data source
- M - Extern KeyID: Useful for linking to key in data source
- N - Active*: 0 - Inactive, 1 - Active
- O - Import Mode*: Use 0 for imports (1 overwrite all fields even when column is NULL)
0 = ignore empty values,
1= use empty values in update script
* Required Field
The spreadsheet headers line-up to the categories on the Checklist Setup Process" page. In the graphic below, you can see where your data populates. You will be able to view all your imported data in the Advanced View.
5. Format your data as "text." This is important. If you open the csv file in Excel, numbers may change into dates, along with other anomalies. It's best to format the data on your spreadsheet as "Text."
6. Save your spreadsheet as "tasks_new.csv or another name beginning with "communities". The file type must be saved in CSV format. This is important.
Next you're going to upload your new spreadsheet (tasks_new.csv) into the FTQ360 system.
Import your New Checklists (Tasks) File
1. Go to: Setup > Administration > Import on the menu bar. (Web screen Import is available for 10 user or more plans - contact support if this feature is not activated.)
2. Click the "Choose File" button to select your new spreadsheet (tasks_new.csv) from your computer.
3. Click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the screen.
4. Check to verify that your files imported correctly. Your imported Checklists should now appear on the "Checklist Setup Process" page.