WARNING: Download and Save a copy of your current Locations File before Importing a new one.
Be very careful when uploading data into FTQ360. Importing data files can not be undone.
Instructions for Downloading your current Location File
1. Go to: Setup > Project Setup Process >Phase/Lots > Locations.
2. Click the "Download" icon at the bottom of the Locations page.
Note: You must have "In/Out" Permissions to see the Download Icon. This will download a spreadsheet titled "communities (date and time).csv" to your computer.
3. Save the file to your computer as a backup you can restore if there is a problem with your import.
Instructions for Editing your Locations File and Importing
1. Follow the instructions above to download the file.
2. Open the csv file.
- You'll see category headers along the top row. You may need to adjust the column widths to read each header.
3. Save a back-up of "locations (date time).csv." You should copy and rename the file as "jobs_new.csv" before you enter new data. You can choose a different file name; however your file must start with "jobs*.csv".
4. Input your new data in the appropriate columns. Refer to the "Spreadsheet Column/Field Guide" below.
SPREADSHEET COLUMN/FIELD GUIDE:
- A - LocationCode*: A code that uniquely identifies the record; Must link to code on project table, 50 characters max
- B - LocationLabel*: Name of location or unit; 50 characters max
- C - Active*: 0 - Inactive, 1 - Active
- D - DisplaySequence: Order of display on inspection selection screen; default to 100 for alpha order
- E - CommunityCode: The code for the Project/Community
- F - JobCode: The code for the Phase/Lot
- G - ImportMode: Use 0 for imports (1 overwrite all fields even when column is NULL
0 = ignore empty values,
1= use empty values in update script
* Required Field
7. Format your data as "text." This is important. If you open the csv file in Excel, numbers may change into dates, along with other anomalies. It's best to format the data on your spreadsheet as "Text."
8. Save your spreadsheet as "locations_new.csv or another name beginning with "locations". The file type must be saved in CSV format. This is important.
Next you're going to upload your new spreadsheet (locations_new.csv) into the FTQ360 system.
Instructions for Importing your New Locations File
1. Go to: Setup > Administration > Import on the menu bar. (Web screen Import is available for 10 user or more plans - contact support if this feature is not activated.)
2. Click the "Choose File" button to select your new spreadsheet (locations_new.csv) from your computer.
3. Click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the screen.
4. Check to verify that your files imported correctly. Your imported Locations should now appear on the "Projects/Communities Setup Process" page.