A dependency means that one plan item (inspection checklist) needs to be completed before a subsequent plan item should be started. Setting a dependency gives you certain controls. For example, you can choose as a preference to "Hide" the dependent plan items until a preceding item is completed. If you choose to show the dependent items and a dependent item is completed before its dependency, then FTQ will show the status of the dependency item as late.
1. Go to Setup>Customization>Customization Preferences
2. Type "ITP" in the search field.
3. Find the line item "Show dependent ITP items in selection processs" in the "How term is used" column.
4. Change the number in the Term field to the "1" or "0," depending on the preference.
- 0 - Show dependent ITP items in selection process
- 1 - Hide dependent ITP items in selection process
5. Press "Save."
6. You may need to click the refresh button in the right-hand corner of the footer on the Inspections>Enter Inspections page for the change to take effect.