FTQ360 makes Excel-like formula calculations that can be used on any checklist template. The calculations can use many values in the inspection header as well as standard checkpoints. The calculation can return a text, numeric, or true/false output and place it in the notes field of any standard checkpoint. The formula calculations are made in real-time on the inspection screen.
This gives you the ability to:
- Perform complex engineering and measurement calculations that previously required external spreadsheets. Calculations are also useful for summarizing row data on daily time reports.
- Add logical operators and conditioning to your checkpoints.
- Return different values from the inspection as values for your checkpoints.
Calculations can use values in the inspection header and other checkpoints. It cannot reference matrix checkpoints. When the formula feature is selected, manual entry into the notes field is disabled.
This is an an advanced feature and you will need to contact FTQ360 support to enable it for your account.
1. Go to Setup>Checklist Form Setup Process, Select the checklist, click "Checkpoint" from the Process Menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
2. For any standard type of checkpoint, click the "Options" link in the Options field.
3. Once the "Options" window has opened, you should be able to see the "Formula" box. This is where you can add your formula.
Formulas features and how to use them are described here: Formulas Tables.
4. After you enter the custom formula in the box, you have an option to check the validity of it. Click on the "Check" button located on the bottom right of the box.
5. Click Save on the Options page and Save on the Checklist Setup page.
Please sign in to leave a comment.