Take and insert a photo into an inspection
1. Click the Camera Icon.
2. Select “Photo” from the drop down and snap your photo.
3. Mark-up the photo using photo editor.
- The Picture editor maximizes picture size on smaller devices.
- The menu always appears on the long side of the device so the picture has the maximum width available.
A. Draw - Create an arrow or a circle to point out a specific item in the photo.
B. Text - Type a description or additional information on the photo.
C. Curly Box - Draw attention to a deficiency photo with a jagged outline.
D. Crop - Remove the outer parts of an image to improve framing, accentuate subject matter or change aspect ratio.
E. Rotate - Turns the photo clockwise, making a vertical photo horizontal or a horizontal photo vertical.
F. Save - Click "Save" to insert the photo into your inspection.
G. Discard - Click "Discard" to remove the editing and start over.
4. Your picture will be added to your Inspection.
- Photos taken with the FTQ360 camera app will automatically be date and time stamped.
Insert a photo(s) from your camera roll
5. Click the Camera icon and select "File" from the drop down menu.
6. Find your Camera Roll folder and select the photo to insert into the inspection.
- If you select a single photo, you can mark-up the photo using photo editor. (See step 3)
- A single photo upload will be date and time stamped.
- If you select multiple files, you will not be able to mark-up the photos.
- When multiple photos are uploaded at once, they are not date and time stamped.
- Bulk uploads are limited to no more than 10 files/images at one time with a 50 mb file size limit. If you do exceed these limits, you will see a message that says, "Up to 10 files can be uploaded at one time. Each file may be up to 50 MB. Please try again."
- Note: For users on iPads with the update to iOS13, when using Safari or Chrome, the "File" option is not immediately visible when clicking on the camera icon on an inspection. It will require a second click.
Date and Time Stamp
- Photos taken with the FTQ360 camera app will be automatically date and time stamped.
- Photos that are upload from another device, one at a time, will be date and time stamped.
- When multiple photos are uploaded at once from another device, they are not date and time stamped.
Edit uploaded photos
You can edit or re-edit any photo added to an inspection. This is useful if you want to edit or have a time stamp added to photos that you multi-selected from a file since multi-select bypasses the editing tool.
7. Select the photo you want to edit.
8. Click on the edit icon on the photo in your inspection.
9. This will open the picture in the photo editor.
10. Click the checkmark when done. The new version is saved to the inspection in date order.
11. The original photo can be deleted if it is no longer relevant.
Edit/Mark-up Checkpoint Reference Image Attachments
Checkpoint reference images can be opened and marked-up with the photo editor and saved to the checkpoint to be part of your inspection.
1. Click on the reference toggle arrow to see the reference image.
2. click on the reference image to open it.
3. Once opened, the image behaves the same as if it were a photo you took or selected from your camera roll. You can use the photo editor to markup the reference image and save your marked up image to the checkpoint to become part of the inspection report.