1. Go to: Setup >Administration > User Setup Process.
2. Select "Permissions" from the Process Menu on the left hand side of the screen.
3. Inspections - View - Allows the User to access inspection data only. User cannot edit or create inspections.
4. Inspections - Edit - Allows the User to access and edit inspection data, such as respond to open issues and add notes and pictures, but the user cannot create new inspections.
5. Inspections - Create - Allows the User to access and edit inspection data, as well as create new inspections.
6. Plan Mode Required - When this permission is checked, if there are plan items, the user will ONLY be able to select a planned inspection/checklist and not a checklist off-plan. Users will no longer have to pay attention to whether the "Plan Mode" box is checked.
7. Restricted - Restricted users can have "Inspect and Edit Inspect" Permissions. Or, only "Edit Inspect" Permissions.
- Restricted "Edit Inspect" permissions: Restricted to responding to open items related to the Responsible Party Affiliation of the User. Editing is restricted to adding pictures, notes, and marking the item as ready for review. "Edit Inspect" Restricted users cannot change information on an inspection.
- Restricted "Inspect and Edit Inspect" permissions: Restricted to viewing inspections the user has created and inspection listings and open item dashboards that include items related to the Responsible Party Affiliation of the User.
8. Inspections By Me - Use “Inspect by Me” permission to tightly control third party inspector access to only inspections they create. This permission gives an inspector permission to inspect on allowable projects but not allowing them to view any inspections performed by others..
9. Self Insp. Only - This will make it so that the user's affiliated responsible party is pre-selected as the responsible party in the inspection selection process.
- In other words, the user will only see or can only select inspections for which he/she is the responsible party and will not have to select himself or his company from a list of other possible responsible parties.
- There several reasons why you might want to setup a particular user with 'self-inspect-only'. One reason is that if you have foremen doing self-inspections, they will no longer have to select themselves as the responsible party before starting their inspections. If you want the user to be able to select from a small list of responsible parties, you can add them as a "Responsible Person" of a "Responsible Party". See instructions here: Assign a Resp. Party Crew or Person to a Project.
- Another reason you might want to use the 'self-inspect-only' only permission setting is if you want your subcontractors, suppliers, or vendors to do self-inspections. We're calling them self-inspections, because the assumption is that the user will be "Affiliated" with themselves in User Setup, which means the user is affiliated with him/herself as the Responsible Party.
10. Run Rpts. - Allows the User to use the REPORTS feature including Run Online, Interactive Reports, Data Download Queries, and Activate Reports.
11. Setup Data - Allows the User access to setup Checklists, Checkpoints, Projects, Responsible Parties, and Customization Preferences, but cannot setup Users or access account management.
12. Data In/Out - Allows the User to import and export data files such as Checklist, Project, and Responsible Party information. Import is a feature available to subscription plans of 10 users or more.
13. Data Overwrite/Delete - Allows the User with Data In/Out additional permissions to overwrite existing data with imported data.
Users with "Overwrite/Delete" permissions selected can delete Inspection and Test Reports. The Delete permission only pertains to items in the "Inspection" area, such as new inspections (even if the user is creating them) and existing inspections (even if the user created them). This does not change the ability for users with "Setup" permissions from being able to "Delete" items in the Setup area, such as checklists, projects, phases, etc.
Users with "Overwrite/Delete" permissions selected can change the inspection date shown on reports, dashboards, and query filtering criteria. Date changes with the new date are recorded on activity log and the revised date will then appear as the inspection date where applicable.
14. User Mgmt - Allows adding new users, and manage user settings & permissions.
15. Acc. Mgmt - Allows access to account management screens and to manage account level settings, such as editing account details and managing subscriptions.
16. Click the "Save" button to save your changes.
Permission Settings Chart
|Setting||Use Case||Security Permissions|
|Manager that wants to view inspections, but does not need to respond. This is not a common situation, but still one that can occur.||
|Restricted Edit-only User||Responsible Party reports corrections of deficiencies assigned to that Responsible Party||
|Restricted Inspector U||
Superintendent conducts inspections
Third party inspects other Responsible Parties
|Restricted Self Inspection Subcontractor||
Responsible Party conducts self-inspections
Responsible Party reports corrections of deficiencies assigned to that Responsible Party