1. OPN (OPEN) Check Box: Click on the OPN checkbox when a corrective action is required. It will change to a red check mark.
2. Enter Observation: Type a comment describing the issue and,or instructions regarding the corrective action. For more information about entering notes and comments, click here.
3. Responsible Party: Select the Responsible Party who is responsible for resolving the issue.
- The Responsible Party field defaults to the Primary Responsible Party listed in the blue header.
- You can select another Party by clicking the down arrow at the end of the field.
- Only project Responsible Parties are listed. This avoids overly long lists that can occur with all Responsible Parties were listed.
If the Responsible Party has people listed for the crew, you can select a specific person in the drop down and assign the Deficiency to that specific person.
4. Due Date: Schedule a Due Date for the action using the calendar icon. The default due date is pre-set to 3 business days. You can change the pre-set default date in Setup - Customization Preferences. Search for "due date" and change the number.
5. Risk Factor: Enter a Risk Factor, if applicable. This is a number that denotes the severity of the deficiency.
6. Ready For Review: is a status. The Ready for review checkbox is for the Responsible Party to mark when the issue has been resolved and ready for review. It removes the Open item/deficiency from the Responsible Party's Open Deficiency Report. However, the item will remain on the Open Deficiency Report until it has been "QCd".
- This is an optional feature.
- This is used by Responsible Parties that do not have permission rights to mark an Open deficiency as QC or complete.
- This can be used when a Corrective Action requires a confirmation inspection to ensure the job is complete and accurate.
- An alert will be added to the Inspector's black notification bell.
- Ready for review items are shown as separate items on the Priority Open Item Dashboard
7. Corrective Action Notes: Optional field where a Responsible Party can add notes. For more information about entering notes and comments, click here.
- The responsible party or other stakeholder has the option of adding corrective action notes and pictures. anyone with editing permissions can use this notes field.
- It is to be used by responsible parties who want to add notes about corrections they have made or just leave comments. It replaces the previous responsible party notes field.
8. Add New Communications: The "Communications" option is for the Communications using one of the Communications Checklists/Forms in Setup > Customization > Communications List. Typically, these are for Change Orders, RFI's, formal Non-conformance Forms and other specific forms that need to be used in relation to the checkpoint.
9. Email the "Open Deficiency Report" directly to the Responsible Party.
- The email subject line reads: "Company Name - Project/Community - Lot/Phase." This helps responsible parties immediately recognize which company is sending them the report, and where the deficiency has occurred. This follows the same format used by the automated report runner.
- For email options, refer to "Email Open Deficiency Report" or click here.