“Phase” and “Lot” are interchangeable labels for a sub-section of a Project/Community, i.e. the location where work and inspections are performed. Depending on your industry, you will see one of the two labels displayed in the software. Video tutorials are available at the end of the article.
Smart Inspector Project Access and Permissions Setup Now when you add new phases to a project, FTQ360 figures out which inspectors should have access. Each inspector will inherit the highest access permissions that they have on ALL other phases of the project. When an inspector’s overall project permission box is marked as checked (not partials) they will get the same permission on newly added phase.
1. Go to: SETUP > Project/Community Setup Process.
2. "Select" the Project/Community to which you'd like to add Phases. Click on the radial circle at the beginning of the row. .
- Projects/Communities are alphabetized by Description. You can reverse sort by clicking the “Description” column header.
- You can also use the Search Field in the upper right hand corner or the drop-down "Filter" to the left. The drop-down allows you to view "All," "Active Only" or "Inactive Only.
3. Select "Phase/Lot" from the left-hand Process Menu.
4. Click the “+Add” button to create a new Phase/Lot.
- The highlighted fields are required.
5. Phase/Lot: Enter a description (i.e. Phase or Lot Number) in the "Phase/Lot" text field. This is a required field.
6. Email: Enter the "Email Addresses" associated with this project/community. Separate multiple addresses with a semicolon ( ; ).
7. Attach: To add an "Attachment," click the paperclip to open the drop-down list. You can select "File," "Link," or "Note," depending on what you want to attach.
- "File" will allow you to upload a document from your computer. (Attachments are limited to a maximum of 250 mb)
- "Link" will allow you to post a URL to a webpage.
- "Note" will allow open a dialog box where you can type a message.
Open Phase/Lot Attachments: Phase/Lots with attachments have a toggle icon on the left-hand side of the phase/lot row. Click the icon to toggle it down and you'll see the attachments.
Delete Phase/Lot Attachments: Delete the attachment by clicking the light gray trashcan icon to the far right of the attachment.
Phase/Lot References: Attachments you add to phases/lots are displayed as "Phase/Lot References" on the Inspection entry screen. They will be located at the bottom of the blue header area. Click the toggle icon to the downward position to view and open the attachments.
NOTE: If the paperclip icon is not available, save the Phase/Lot. The paperclip icon should become available.
8. Active: The Phase/Lot will automatically be checked as "Active." If you don't want to make it active yet, click the checkbox to remove the check mark.
9. Delete: You can delete this Phase/Lot by clicking the red "trashcan icon."
- If there is no trashcan icon available, the Phase/Lot cannot be deleted.
10. Save: Click "Save" to save your new Phase/Lot.
11. NEW! Once the phase is added, click on Project Inspectors from the Process Menu on the left hand side of the screen. Choose which users should have "View," "Edit," or "Create" permissions by checking the box in the appropriate column.
- View - gives the user the ability to view inspections in the community, but cannot edit or create inspections.
- Edit - gives the user the ability to view and edit inspections, but cannot create new inspections.
- Create - gives he user the ability to view, edit, and create new inspections.
- If no boxes are checked, the project will not be visible to the user at all.
When adding new phases to a project, inspectors inherit permissions they have on other phases. FTQ360 will automatically give inspection permissions to users if they already have inspection permissions on all other project phases. This applies to phases added online or by file import. This simplifies managing inspector project access by allowing project inspectors to inspect on a newly added phase. As always you can give (or remove) inspection permissions on individual phases as you wish.
See Define Project Inspectors for more information.
Advanced Setup Options
The following Setup Options are available under the "Advanced View." Not all users can view or access these options. Please contact Customer Support for assistance. Click on the action title for more information.
Please sign in to leave a comment.