An Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) is a preset number of inspections that get applied to a Project or Phase. Which checklists are to be used and in what order are predetermined.
You can simply add an Inspection & Test Plan (ITP) to a Project, rather than creating an ITP Template. This will bring up a selection of checklists when the inspector is in "Plan mode" during the selection process.
1. Go to Setup > Project Setup Process.
2. Select a Project. (If the ITP is Project specific, and not phase specific, skip steps 3 and 4, and go directly to step 5.)
3. Click "All ITPs" from the Process Menu. (Click the "Go to Advanced Menu" button if you don't see "All ITPs" on the Process Menu.)
4. Click the "Add" button.
5. Code - Unique identifier for the plan item. You can edit this, if needed.
6. Seq. - Displays the order the checklists will appear on the selections page.
7. Dependency - Select the plan item that must be completed before this plan item should be started. This is optional.
8. Due - If there is a due date to complete a checklist, use the calendar feature to select the month and day.
9. Checklist - Select a Checklist from the drop-down menu This is a required field.
10. Phase - Should be set to None.
11. Location - Select a Project location from the drop-down menu, if applicable.
12. Responsible Party - Select a Responsible Party from the drop-down menu, if applicable.
13. Equipment - Select equipment from the drop-down menu, if applicable.
14. Inspector Affiliation - Select an Inspector from the drop-down menu, if applicable.
15. Inspector Type - Select an Inspector Type from the drop-down menu, if applicable.
16. Qty. - This fields denotes the number of times this checklist should be used for this Phase. (Defaults to "1".)
- Alert before starting a new inspection
- When the minimum number of required inspections have been started, Inspectors will see a popup alert asking if they want to "Start a New Inspection" or "Go Back to Recent Inspections." This is only for ITP planned inspections because the system knows when the minimum required number has been met.
17. Notes - Text field to enter notes.
18. GPS Position - Enter GPS coordinates, if applicable
19. Trashcan - Click the trashcan icon to delete the line item.
20. Click the "Save" button at the bottom the screen.
This ITP will appear in the Selection Process. "Plan Mode" will be checked at the top of the screen to bring-up the checklists in the ITP.