Reason Codes allow the inspector to link a deficiency to a recurring cause or category. This allows you to track how often that type of deficiency is occurring. Reason codes are a critical component of a successful Quality Control Program.
The Reason Codes are selected in an Open or Fixed Deficiency on the Inspection Entry screen.
1. Go to Setup>Customization>Common Checklist Items
2. Select Reason Codes from the Process Menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
3. Click the blue Add button to insert a new Reason Code.
- A. Add Button - Click to insert a new Reason Code
- B. Code - Enter a "Reason Code" number, a unique identifier for this specific line item, or use the default code generated by the system
- C. Seq. - This field designates the order of each Reason Code on the drop-down menu. The default order is from smallest to largest.
- D. Category - Select the “Category” by using the drop-down menu. Type keywords into the drop-down menu to help find the category faster!
- E. Description - Type the Reason Code name or title in this text field.
- F. Notes - Type reference notes into this text field to provide further explanation for what this Reason Code is used for. This is an optional field.
- G. Active - Check or uncheck the "Active" box to make the Reason Code active or inactive. Inactive Reason Codes will not be available for selection on an Open or Fixed deficiency.
- H. Trashcan Icon - This delete icon appears only if the Reason Code isn't associated with any deficiencies. Click to delete the Reason Code from the system. If the Reason Code is associated with a deficiency, the trashcan icon will not be available and the line item must be made inactive, rather than deleted.
4. Click "Save" to save the new Reason Code(s).
Please sign in to leave a comment.