Reason Codes allow the inspector to link a deficiency to a recurring cause or category. This allows you to track how often that type of deficiency is occurring. Reason codes are a critical component of a successful Quality Control Program.
The Reason Codes are selected in an Open or Fixed Deficiency on the Inspection Entry screen.
1. Go to Setup>Customization>Common Checklist Items
2. Select Reason Codes from the Process Menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
3. Click the blue Add button to insert a new Reason Code.
- A. Add Button - Click to insert a new Reason Code
- B. Code - Enter a "Reason Code" number, a unique identifier for this specific line item, or use the default code generated by the system
- C. Seq. - This field designates the order of each Reason Code on the drop-down menu. The default order is from smallest to largest.
- D. Category - Select the “Category” by using the drop-down menu. Type keywords into the drop-down menu to help find the category faster!
- E. Description - Type the Reason Code name or title in this text field.
- F. Notes - Type reference notes into this text field to provide further explanation for what this Reason Code is used for. This is an optional field.
- G. Active - Check or uncheck the "Active" box to make the Reason Code active or inactive. Inactive Reason Codes will not be available for selection on an Open or Fixed deficiency.
- H. Trashcan Icon - This delete icon appears only if the Reason Code isn't associated with any deficiencies. Click to delete the Reason Code from the system. If the Reason Code is associated with a deficiency, the trashcan icon will not be available and the line item must be made inactive, rather than deleted.
4. Click "Save" to save the new Reason Code(s).