You can add equipment that will require inspecting to a Project/Community inspection. This section will show you how to setup the equipment description and associate it to a Project.
“Project” and “Community” are interchangeable labels for the location where work and inspections are performed. Depending on your industry, you will see one of the two labels displayed in the software.
1. Go to SETUP>Project/Community Setup Process.
2. Select the "Go To Advanced View" button on the left-hand Process Menu.
3. Find the Project/Community you want to edit.
- Projects/Communities are alphabetized by Description. You can reverse the sort by clicking the “Description” column header.
- You can also use the search field in the upper right hand corner or the drop-down "Filter" to the left. The drop-down allows you to view "All," "Active Only," or "Inactive Only."
- To select, click on the radial circle at the beginning of the row.
4. Select “Equipment” in the Process Menu.
5. Click the “+Add” button to create a new line.
6. Code - The system will generate a code or unique identifier for the equipment. Click into the field to enter your own code from accounting records, or use the default code.
7. Sequence - This field is used to put the Equipment in order when performing an inspection. The default order is from smallest to largest. You can use decimal points, if necessary, to get the exact order you want.
- For example, if you’d like a task in between #3 and #4, you can give it the sequence number “3.5."
8. Type - This field will be set to "Equipment," in this case.
9. Description - Type the Equipment name in this field.
- If you are adding Equipment, this is a required field. You can press save now and the Equipment will be associated with the Project/Community. All other fields are optional.
10. Phase - This drop-down menu will allow you to select a phase/lot, if applicable. Otherwise, it should be set to "none."
11. Location - This drop-down menu will allow you to select a location, if applicable. Otherwise, it should be set to "none."
12. Attachment - To add an attachment, click the paperclip to open the drop-down list. You can select "File," "Link," or "Note," depending on what you want to attach. .
- "File" will allow you to upload a document from your computer.
- "Link" will allow you to post a URL to a webpage.
- "Note" will allow open a dialog box where you can type a message.
NOTE: If the paperclip icon is not available, press "Save." The paperclip icon should become available.
13. Active - The Equipment will automatically be checked as active. If you don't want to make it active yet, click the checkbox to remove the checkmark.
14. Delete - You can delete this Equipment by clicking the red "trashcan icon."
- If there is no trashcan icon available, the Equipment cannot be deleted.
15. Save Button - Click "Save" to associate the Equipment to the Project/Community.
16. Download Icon - Click to export the Equipment list as CSV file.