You can now Import and Export Assets or Equipment to and from FTQ360. This will save time when you have a lot of assets or equipment to add and exporting your list will allow you to work with it in Excel if you choose. You'll see the standard "Export" icon on the bottom of the Asset/Equipment Setup screen if you have "Data In/Out" Permissions. Importing is done through our standard Import screen in the Setup > Administration area. The "Import" feature must be enabled by support if you do not see it on your menu.
WARNING: Download and Save a copy of your Current Asset/Equipment File before Importing a new one.
Be very careful when uploading data into FTQ360. Importing data files can not be undone.
Download Current Assignment File
1. Go to: Setup > Assets/Equipment Setup.
2. Click the "Download" icon at the bottom of the Checklist page.
Note: You must have "In/Out" Permissions to see the Download Icon. This will download a spreadsheet titled "objects (date and time).csv" to your computer.
3. Save the file to your computer as a backup you can restore if there is a problem with your import.
Edit & Import your Current Assets/Equipment File
4. Follow the instructions above to download the file.
5. Open the csv file.
- You'll see category headers along the top row. You may need to adjust the column widths to read each header.
6. Save a back-up of "objects (date time).csv." You should copy and rename the file as "objects_new.csv" before you enter new data. You can choose a different file name; however your file must start with "objects*.csv".
7. Input your new data in the appropriate columns. Refer to the "Spreadsheet Column/Field Guide" below.
SPREADSHEET COLUMN/FIELD GUIDE:
- A - Community Code: The code for the project the asset or equipment is assigned to.
- B - Jobs Code: The code for the phase the asset or equipment is assigned to.
- C - Location Code: The code for the location the asset or equipment is assigned to.
- D - Object Code: The code for the asset or equipment. This must be unique.
- E - Object Description: The name of the assets and equipment list.
- F - Object Sequence: The sequence number to order the assets and equipment list.
- G - FTQ Object Type: 1 = Equipment, 2 = Asset
- H - External Key: Not in use; leave blank.
- I - External Key: Not in use; leave blank.
- J - Active: 1 = Active, 0 = Inactive
- K - Import Mode: Use 0 for imports (1 overwrite all fields even when column is NULL
0 = ignore empty values,
1= use empty values in update script
8. Format your data as "text." This is important. If you open the csv file in Excel, numbers may change into dates, along with other anomalies. It's best to format the data on your spreadsheet as "Text."
9. Save your spreadsheet as "objectts_new.csv or another name beginning with "objects". The file type must be saved in CSV format. This is important.
Next you're going to upload your new spreadsheet (objects_new.csv) into the FTQ360 system.
Import your New Assets/Equipement File
10. Go to: Setup > Administration > Import on the menu bar. (Web screen Import is available for 10 user or more plans - contact support if this feature is not activated.)
11. Click the "Choose File" button to select your new spreadsheet (objects_new.csv) from your computer.
12. Click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the screen.
13. Check to verify that your files imported correctly. Your imported Assets/Equipment should now appear on the "Assets/Equipment Setup" page.
Please sign in to leave a comment.