Similar to the export option on the Assets/Equipment screen, you can also export your Assets Assignment History. Since this Assignment History can get long over time, having a way to export the data into a spreadsheet can be helpful.
WARNING: Download and Save a copy of your Asset Assignments File before Importing a new one.
Be very careful when uploading data into FTQ360. Importing data files can not be undone.
Download Current Assignment File
1. Go to: Setup > Assets/Equipment Setup>Assignment History."
2. Click the "Download" icon at the bottom of the Checklist page.
Note: You must have "In/Out" Permissions to see the Download Icon. This will download a spreadsheet titled "assignments (date and time).csv" to your computer.
3. Save the file to your computer as a backup you can restore if there is a problem with your import.
Edit & Import your Current Assets/Equipment File
4. Follow the instructions above to download the file.
5. Open the csv file.
- You'll see category headers along the top row. You may need to adjust the column widths to read each header.
6. Save a back-up of "assignments (date time).csv." You should copy and rename the file as "assignments_new.csv" before you enter new data. You can choose a different file name; however your file must start with "assignments*.csv".
7. Input your new data in the appropriate columns. Refer to the "Spreadsheet Column/Field Guide" below.
SPREADSHEET COLUMN/FIELD GUIDE:
- A - Start: Date the equipment was assigned to the project.
- B - End: Date the equipment was moved out of the project.
- C - Project: The project the equipment was assigned to.
- D - Phase: The phase the equipment was assigned to..
- E - Location: The location the equipment was assigned to.
- F - Assigned by: Name of Name of the user who moved the equipment.
8. Format your data as "text." This is important. If you open the csv file in Excel, numbers may change into dates, along with other anomalies. It's best to format the data on your spreadsheet as "Text."
9. Save your spreadsheet as "assignments_new.csv or another name beginning with "assignments". The file type must be saved in CSV format. This is important.
Next you're going to upload your new spreadsheet (assignments_new.csv) into the FTQ360 system.
Import your New Assignments File
10. Go to: Setup > Administration > Import on the menu bar. (Web screen Import is available for 10 user or more plans - contact support if this feature is not activated.)
11. Click the "Choose File" button to select your new spreadsheet (assignments_new.csv) from your computer.
12. Click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the screen.
13. Check to verify that your files imported correctly. Your imported Assignment should now appear on the "Assets/Equipment Setup>Assignment History" page.
Please sign in to leave a comment.