An Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) is a preset number of inspections that get applied to a Project or Phase. It determines which checklists are to be used and in what order are predetermined.
You can simply add an Inspection & Test Plan (ITP) to a Project, rather than creating an ITP Template. This will bring up a selection of checklists when the inspector is in "Plan mode" during the selection process.
1. Go to Setup > Project Setup Process.
2. Select the Project.
Select the Phase.
3. Click "All Phase ITPs" from the Process Menu. (Click the "Go to Advanced Menu" button if you don't see "All ITPs" on the Process Menu.)
4. Click the "Add" button.
5. Code - Unique identifier for the plan item. You can edit this, if needed.
6. Seq. - Displays the order the checklists (inspections) must be completed.
7. Dependency - Select the plan item that must be completed before this plan item should be started. This is optional.
8. Due - If there is a due date to complete a checklist, use the calendar feature to select the month and day.
9. Checklist - Select a Checklist from the drop-down menu This is a required field.
10. Phase - The phase should already be loaded, but you can assign the Plan Item to another Phase by clicking the drop down.
- ANY - When a field lists "Any", then it means that "Any" selection will satisfy the requirement for the plan item. Thus, "Any" listed under Phase means that any phase chosen by your inspector will satisfy the requirement for this field.
11. Location - Select a location the plan item applies to, if applicable.
12. Responsible Party - Select a Responsible Party from the drop-down menu, if applicable.
13. Equipment - Select equipment from the drop-down menu, if applicable.
14. Inspector Affiliation - You can restrict this plan item to a specific inspector affiliation (ex. inspectors for a specific company only), if applicable.
15. Inspector Type - Select an Inspector Type (ex. safety managers or quality managers), if applicable.
16. Inspector - You can assign specific inspections to individual inspectors (e.g. users with "Inspect" permissions). Once inspections are assigned to individual inspectors, when the inspectors login, they will be able to select inspections that are either assigned to them or inspections that are assigned to "Any" under the "Insp." column.
17. Qty. - This fields denotes the number of times inspections should be conducted using this checklist. (Defaults to "1".)
- Alert before starting a new inspection
- When the minimum number of required inspections have been started, Inspectors will see a popup alert asking if they want to "Start a New Inspection" or "Go Back to Recent Inspections." This is only for ITP planned inspections because the system knows when the minimum required number has been met.
17. Notes - Text field to enter notes.
18. GPS Position - Enter GPS coordinates, if applicable
19. Active - If the box is checked in this column, the plan item is "active." Uncheck the box to make the plan item inactive
20. Trashcan - Click the trashcan icon to delete the line item.
21. Click the "Save" button at the bottom the screen.
This ITP will appear in the Selection Process. "Plan Mode" will be checked at the top of the screen to bring-up the checklists in the ITP.