A Mandatory Checkpoint is flagged in the FTQ360 system to be completed before leaving the inspection. The inspection is identified as having a mandatory requirement in the footer, and will notify the inspector that the mandatory checkpoint is still outstanding if the inspection is closed without the checkpoint completed.
1. Go to Setup>Checklist Setup Process
2. Select the checklist.
3. Click "Checkpoint" from the Process Menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
4. Select the checkpoint that needs to be set to "mandatory."
5. Click the options link in the "Options" column.
- If an options link is not available in the column, then the checkpoint cannot be set to Mandatory.
- See Step 9 for checkpoint types that can be set to Mandatory.
6. When prompted, click the "is mandatory" checkbox in the dialog box.
7. Note that the link in the Options column now states "Is Mandatory."
8. Select the Checkpoint Type. We recommend selecting "Quality Hotspot."
- All checkpoint types including Data and Image; Attachments (using camera icon including Signature); Observation Notes; Corrective Action Notes; Reason Codes and Corrective Action Codes.
- Non-checkbox mandatory options such as note fields and attachments are colored in orange to make them more noticeable.
9. Save the checklist.
Read Mandatory Checkpoints: How they work for more information.