When using a Dynamic Matrix checkpoint, you can now set it up to calculate the sum or average of the numbers entered in any matrix fields or provide a count of the number rows with input in a field. If you choose to make a column a summary, average, or "count not empty" column, then FTQ360 will add a footer row to your matrix and it will display the calculated value(s).
1. Go to Setup>Checklist Setup Process
2. Select the checklist.
3. Click "Checkpoint" from the Process Menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
4. Click the blue "Add" button to insert a new checkpoint row.
5. In the "Text" field, type a title for this checkpoint.
- This text will appear on the dynamic button on the inspection. When clicked, it will insert the matrix lines for data input.
6. In the Type field, select "Dynamic Matrix" from the checkpoint type drop-down.
7. Click "Save." This will setup the matrix and allow you to add the column headers.
8. Click the "+" sign on the far right of checkpoint line. This will add child checkpoints under the Dynamic Matrix and allow you to insert the first column.
9. In the text field for the child checkpoint, type the first column header.
10. Click the "Options" link in the Options field.
11. In the "Options For" dialog box, select Sum, Average, or Count Not Empty from the Summary Function drop down menu.
- Sum - will add the numbers entered into each field within the column on the matrix. The "Precision" drop down will add 0, 1, or 2 digits after the decimal point.
- Average - will average the numbers entered into each field within the column on the matrix. The "Precision" drop down will add 0, 1, or 2 digits after the decimal point.
- Count Not Empty - will add the the number of fields with data in each line within the column on the matrix.
12. Click the save button
13. You may need to logout and log back in to view the changes.