- Checkpoints boxes larger for custom text: We've made the Checkpoint boxes on the Inspection and Test report screen. This is where you create new or edit existing inspection and tests. Previously, the checkpoint boxes were designed for 3 characters with default text as "FTQ", "QC" "OPN" and "NA". We know that "QC" can be confusing and typically needs some explanation. We decided that in place of "QC", "FIXED" would be more self-explanatory, so we made the checkpoint boxes wider to easily fit 5 characters. To change "QC" to "FIXED" or other custom text, Go to: Customization > Custom Preferences. Search for "QC" using the dark blue search box on the top right-hand side and change "QC" to "FIXED" (or other custom text) in the 3 editable columns for that term. For more information see: Customize Checkpoint Boxes
- Larger Checklist Carrot dropdown: You'll notice a larger icon for selecting "References", "Default Options" and other areas where the carrot icon is used. This should make it easier for users to notice that there are selectable options.
- Copy Inspection Messaging: If you've ever used the "Copy" button on the bottom or you Inspection and/or Test Reports, you will have noticed a message telling you the copy was created with a link to go to the copy. To eliminate confusion, we now take you to your new copy when you select the "Copy" button and the message you'll see says, "This is your copy", with a link to go back to your original. For more information see: Copy or Duplicate an Inspection
- Loading Data Bar: When you see the Loading Data bar, it means that FTQ360 is downloading all of your new inspection selection data such as Projects, Phases, Location, Equipment, Checklists, etc. onto your device. With the data on your device, working in the FTQ360 application will be much faster. As long as you have wi-fi or an Internet connection, FTQ will still be saving your inspection reports to the server every few minutes, but if you go offline or lose service, no problem. You can continue to do your inspections with the data on your device and FTQ will save your reports to your device for future upload/syncing to the server when you have service again. The downloaded data only includes information for new inspections. If you want to work offline with previously started or completed inspection reports, you will need to download/sync those inspections to your device through the "Manage Sync Items" feature under the green bar icon on the top right-hand side of your screen.
- Responsible Person/Crew on Priority on Dashboards: We've included "Responsible Persons" in the "Responsible Party" filter on the Priority Open Item Dashboard and the View Recent Inspections table. Responsible Party and Responsible Person are customization preferences, so you might be more familiar with the term, Subcontractor and Crew or another term you use for your accountable parties. When filtering for a Responsible Person or Crew, the selection will be hyphenated along with the affiliated Responsible Party or Subcontractor. For example, for crew leader, John Doe from AAA Concrete, you'll see AAA Concrete - John Doe. For more information see: Priority Open Item Dashboard
- Delete permission - Admins can now limit who can and cannot Delete Inspection and Test Reports. Previously, everyone with unrestricted "Inspect" permissions would see and be able to use the "Delete" options and buttons. Now, only those users with "Overwrite/Delete" permissions selected will be able to delete Inspection and Test Reports. This new Delete permission only pertains to items in the "Inspection" area such as new inspections (even if the user is creating them) and existing inspections (even if the user created them). This does not change the ability for users with "Setup" permissions from being able to "Delete" items in the Setup area. For more information see: Add or Edit User Permissions
- Self-inspect - You can now set a user's permission to "Self-inspect Only". With "Self-inspect Only" permissions, the user's affiliated responsible party is pre-selected as the responsible party in inspection selection process. There are several reasons why you might want to setup a particular user with 'self-inspect-only' permissions. One example is if you have foremen doing self-inspections, they will no longer have to select themselves as the responsible party before starting their inspections. Another use is for simplifying your weekly toolbox talk OSHA requirement. You can add your crew leaders, superintendents and/or safety inspectors as "Self-inspect only" users, include a weekly toolbox talk checklist for capturing attendee signatures along with a toolbox talk document attachment. It will be easy for the safety responsible person to do their safety inspections and toolbox talks and management will have a clear record of compliance. The 'self-inspect-only' permission is also great for "Restricted" users such as subcontractors, suppliers, or vendors. To use this feature, "Affiliate" the user with himself (if he is listed on your Responsible Party Setup Process screen) or his company if the company is listed as a Responsible Party and he is a Responsible Person to the company. Next, go to Permissions on the left-hand side of the Use Setup Screen. Select "Self-inspect Only". If he is a Responsible Person (aka Crew) make sure he's Active by going to Setup > Responsible Party Setup Process. Select the company Responsible Party and then "Responsible Person" or "Crew" (it's a preference). Confirm that the "Active" box is checked for your self-inspecting user. As always, save after making changes. That's it, when the user logs into FTQ360, and starts a new inspection, he will be pre-selected as the Responsible Party on the inspection or test report. For more information see: Add or Edit User Permissions
- GPS on FTQ360 Labs iOS app - We have GPS stamping on pictures included on our FTQ360 Labs iOS app. If this is a feature you'd like, please download the FTQ360 Labs app from Apple's App Store. Keep the FTQ360 Mobile App and add the FTQ360 Labs app to try it. You'll also need to enable a GPS setting on your Account Management page in FTQ360. Go to Setup > Administration > Account Management and select the "Enable GPS Picture Marking" checkbox. For more information see: Add GPS Coordinates to Photos
- Job-ready & Standard Inspector Scores replaced: We've removed the Job-ready Score and the Standard Inspector Scores from the Setup screens because they have been replaced with a different feature. If you've been using the Job-ready and/or Completion Scores (aka Standard Inspector Scores), you may have noticed things look a little different at the bottom of your Inspection screen. That's because we've replaced the separate scoring sections with the ability to put scores anywhere on your checklist. For example, if you have a final inspection with the work of multiple trades being inspected on one checklist, you can add an Electrical (use category) Quality Score checkpoint or any of 8 different score checkpoint types at the end of a section that includes electrical (category) checkpoints. Of course, you can do the same for any number of trades on your final inspection checklist. As for Job-ready scores, you can make any checkpoint a Job-ready checkpoint and that includes scoring checkpoints. Just select the checkbox in the column labeled "JR" on your Checklist > Checkpoint Setup Process screen and your checkpoint will now be a Job-ready checkpoint. If you like to universally include the scoring checkpoints at the bottom of your checklists, you can use the "Common Checkpoint" feature and add score checkpoints to your list of common checkpoints. Go to: Customization > Common Checklist Items > Common Checkpoints and add your scores. For more information see: Add a Checkpoint to Checklist Also:Add Common Checkpoints
- Automatic Offline Sync/Download: Syncing or downloading of Checklists and ITP Plan Items to your mobile device is now automatic, which means you no longer need to go to the Manage Sync Items screen and sync these items to your device. Just login to FTQ360 when you have Internet or cell service, wait for the to "Loading Data" bar to complete and you can now begin working offline. Existing inspection and test reports will not automatically be synced/downloaded to your device, so if you want to work on existing inspection and test reports, you still need to go to the Manage Sync Items screen (under the green bar icon on the top right), Select your Project, "Inspections" under the Type filter and the "Ready to Sync to Device". Select the inspection and test reports you'd like to sync. Next, select the "Sync to Device" button on the bottom left of your screen and you'll have those items available when you're offline. For more information see: Auto-Sync for Checklists & Projects Also: How to Sync Inspections to use Offline
- Selection process speed improvements (beta): Now inspections operate at top speed even under poor network connections. Inspections are saved to the device and synced in background while inspecting continues. Selecting and creating new inspections is faster, especially with poor network connections. Checklist information is automatically synced when the first selection process is started; a new progress meter shows when this happens. Offline mode is not necessary to inspect under poor network connections. Setup changes are automatically updated within 15 minutes or when the refresh icon is pressed.
- Reliability improvements: Reliability under bad network conditions is improved. Inspection information and pictures are automatically saved to the device every 60 seconds. If the network is lost or the the device is turned off, next time FTQ360 is opened the user is alerted to initiate a sync to update the network.
- Syncing of inspections and attachments UI improvement. A new progress meter shows progress of syncing of inspections and attachments. The underlying syncing process improves interrupted uploads - they do not need to start over. Also very large inspections with many pictures can be handled by devices that have lower powered processors.
- Immediate notification emails separated: Now individual emails can be added or removed from the inspection email notification. Previously all emails associated with a responsible party or project/community were handled as a block.
- Equipment is presented first rather than last in (ITP) Plan Selection Mode . This is an aid to equipment inspectors that focus on the equipment first.
- Responsible Party Affiliated User Personnel Simplification: Now, when users are added and "Affiliated" with a Responsible Party, they are also added as personnel (also known as a Responsible Person) for their affiliated responsible party. This unifies users and responsible party crews or persons. Previously, individuals had to be added twice, once as Responsible Party Crews or Persons and then again as Users and Affiliated with the Responsible Party. Basically, they were added separately in parallel. This also avoids having to add users as vendors. The structure facilitates imports from Procore and other software that connects users to responsible parties. When a new crew is added, FTQ360 automatically adds an inactive restricted edit-only user ready for use when the user becomes active in FTQ360. NOTE: THIS WAS PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED IN NOV 17 BUT NOT PUBLISHED.